Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1.My daughter had her gymnastics recital on Sunday. She has type 1 diabetes, which means I have to be backstage. I love my kids, but being a backstage parent sucks. I think it could be fun if I were one of the literal “backstage” people, but being a large, echoing room babysitting 50+ loud and rambunctious girls?! Yeah, not my thing.
--Plus I got stuck with snack duty aka stand by the boxes of snacks and police a mob of hungry girls and tell them they can each only have one bag. (It went as well as one can expect it to.)
2. I did enjoy watching my daughter's performance! (albeit from the side) I am so proud of her. This year was her first doing gymnastics. There is such a drastic improvement from when she started and now. She was on point!
3. My crockpot was lost somewhere during our last two moves and I finally have a new one! This will be a huge help in general, but especially on the evenings I have to work.
4. The husband and I had a date last night to see a rerelease of one of my absolute favorite movies, Some Like It Hot! I've seen this movie so many times, but it was still so wonderful to see it on the big screen.
5. I finished a book, updated it to goodreads and my little counter said I am now only 2 books behind!. The following day, it went back up to 3. :( I mean, I know how it works, but I still wish it would have been a little bit longer!
6. Just got an email from the library that one my daughter's library books is very overdue. This is mostly on me because I just took her word for it that she only checked out 3 books. I was positive she had 4 and I didn't double check online. She's at a sleepover right now, but as soon as she gets back, she's finding that book.
Until next week! 💖.~*Shannon