Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).1. Funny thing that sort of carried over from last week. I got my dates mixed up and thought Father's Day was last Sunday on my daughter's recital. So I didn't bother taking off work this week. Oops. 😓
2. Worked open to close on both Saturday and Sunday. It's not a problem since this is just what I'm available to work right now (also 🤑), but I've had a series of events where I've had to take at least one day off each weekend for a while. I forgot how rough two 10+ hour shifts in a row are. I will adjust, it's just been a while.
3. Trying to switch to a lower carb diet for my daugher's T1D. She's been alright with our normal pre-diabetes diet, but the past few weeks not so much.
- Monday: Spaghetti Squash Jambalaya.
Verdict: It was okay.
I found I like spaghetti squash, but the daughter doesn't. (Especially unfortunate because she loves pasta.) She liked it sans squash, but I wasn't super impressed. It was edible, but not my taste. Of course, I am on an antibiotic this week and it's been causing major heartburn. 🔥🔥🔥 This didn't help.
- Tuesday: Low Carb Caulifour & Broccoli Cheese Soup.
Verdict: Pretty damn delicious. 👍
The only thing I didn't really love was the texture. I suspect this is on my end because I don't own an immersion blender or a potato masher. Instead I spooned a little bit at a time and used my food processor. (Yes, this was messy and tedious.) Broccoli and cheddar soups is one of my daughter's favorite meals and she approved this version. I wouldn't say it's 1 for 1 with Panera (and diy knock offs), but it's close enough that I feel comfortable using this recipe instead of my old one!
5. The air conditioner stopped working Tuesday night. I put the work order in on Wednesday.... Here's hoping they will come today.
Until next time! .~*💖Shannon