Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. I have been slacking on the blog. I typed this all up today instead of as I go. 😓
2. My daughter ended up having a semi-impromptu sleepover at our place on Tuesday night. I normally don't do stuff like that, but they had been talking about doing a sleepover here the week before. I promised her this week we could. On Monday, we found out the only day her friend could do it was on Tuesday. 😓
3. Came up with the idea, since I get a limited number of free tickets to the local amusement park (where I work), we could go there on one of the days her friend stayed over. (I get free entry and my son gets a free preschool pass.) Since we live 10 minutes away we don't need to purchase any food there. We all had a lot of fun and the girls are already talking about going to the water park next time. O_o While we were at home they took turns playing minecraft (because we only have one PS3 controller) and played board games.
4. I thought it wouldn't happen until next year, but I discovered that I now qualify for 4 free family passes. (We only had to use one ticket instead of two.) This also makes me so happy we procrastinated on purchasing any sort of passes for my husband and daughter. Now everyone gets one and we have one left over that I have no clue what to do with.
5. Started up a subscription to the crochet magazine Happily Hooked a crochet magazine.