Bookish (and not so bookish!) Thoughts
Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).1. Went to an amusement park with the family + my brother-in-law and his family. It was mostly fun, though when you throw tweens into the mix of anything... well, yeah. Not going into details (her life), but ugh. I hate this stage. It was mostly fun though.
2. Almost passed out at work on Sunday. It's not as big of a deal as it sounds. It was a combination of things. Let's just say, it won't be an issue NEXT week. I kind of feel stupid because I'm over 30 and this happened. I knew when I woke up, I should probably call out, but didn't.
I stuck it out for a few hours after that (I was put to work inside, with air conditioning), but still ended up going home early after a couple of hours. (To be fair, when I left, I'd finished everything that I had needed to do and unless I could go outside, there was no point in me staying anyway.) I will say, I am glad for awesome managers. I may bitch and moan about my job a lot, but I love my managers.
3. My husband took the kids to the beach on Sunday, while I was at work. Now there is sand all over the house. *ugh*
4. Made the decision to not preorder the SNES classic. The Super Nintendo is my absolute favorite gaming system of all time so this wasn't an easy decision to make. However I didn't want half the games that were included. The ones I did want, most of them, I already own via the Wii U's virtual console. Most of the others I can buy the same way. (The exception being Secret of Mana, which is only available through the Switch. Which we will get ... eventually. Plus there are emulators out there.)
idk, I just did the math and it didn't make sense. But a part of me is sad because I do love that system and this new one is very cute.
The other part says if I'm going to drop $80 on something, why not beef up my desktop (very much overdue) or put it towards a new ereader.
5. I won another goodreads giveaway. O_O Also, have too many netgalley stuff. D: I mean, I'm happy and excited, but I need to stop. But the compulsions to stop doing something for free is a bit hard. I've put a moratorium on netgalley requests for the moment though.
6. Speaking of netgalley, I had to return ANOTHER book?! It was also a pdf. Ugh. I really should find an ereader that converts pdfs well. My current one does not. It sucks because this is the second book I genuinely wanted to read that I've had to turn in.
7. (Okay, I added this after publishing). I did not participate in the eclipse watching. I have a 4 year old son who is hit and miss when it comes to following directions. Sometimes he does really well, other times... not so much. I know I made the right call because I watched some of it live on PBS and he instantly went "oh let's go outside and look at the sun". Yeah... sorry kid. No.
It was my daughter's first day of school and they held a special eclipse viewing event...party... thing after school. (First day so they got out early.) They had glasses provided by NASA. So she got to see it. (Although she complained that we didn't have 100% totality. *eyeroll*).