Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. Was granted a gift from netgalley. O_O I thought it was some sort of mythical thing that never happened.
I have no clue where I got the reputation as a Sci-Fi reader. I'm not complaining, but it is very interesting to see my reputation (small as it is) evolve.
2. Going to the Halloween portion at the local amusement park tomorrow with a friend. I've actually never been (outside of working there last year). So, we shall see.
3. I really should be planning the kids' Halloween costumes. My daughter's school does a "Night at the Library" (like the movie "Night at the Museum") where kids are encouraged to dress up as a book character -come to life-. This year my daughter is torn between Hermione and Luna Lovegood. I've been trying to steer her towards Hermione, because Luna will require a wig. (Hermione, we can just braid her hair wet and frizz it a bit.) My son has no opinions on that, but he wants to be Yoshi.
4. I am trying to remain strong and not unfriend people purely because they have a differing viewpoint than my own. I am not going to get into specifics here, but, wow, I really lost my respect for a person today. (This wasn't someone I admired or anything. I was kind of neutral about her to be honest.) But this person went above and beyond. It's one thing to have a difference of opinion. It's another to open a dialogue and then start name calling, crying about other people having different viewpoints, and then blocking them because they refuse to submit to your will.
5. Just got a second Netgalley wish granted. ?!
I mean, I'm not complaining, but this is kind of weird.
I love covers these days, so many are just really attractive!
6. I actually finished Horizon: Zero Dawn last Thursday night. The game is not without it's faults, but I definitely recommend this one for the amazing main storyline.
Until next time. .~*💝Shannon