Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. School is in full swing. My daughter was randomly sick on Tuesday, but better the following day. (This is a confirmed sickness, not faking btw. I actually took her to school and she was sent home.)
2. Finally got the chance to play Horizon: Zero Dawn at a relative's home this weekend. It was enough to convince me to stop waiting for the price to drop and get it. I traded in 4 games, got a second controller for the PS3 (the daughter has been bugging me about this since our last one broke), and still have $10 left in trade credit. Not too shabby.
3. If you read my Tell Me Something Tuesday post from last week, I was declined for A Spoonful of Magic, but approved for Terminal Alliance. They are from the same publisher, so that was a bit weird. If someone had told me, I'd only get approved for one of these... I would have thought it was Spoonful because I'm kind of the target audience. O_O I'm definitely not complaining. Terminal Alliance seems like a fun ride.
4. Murder on the Orient Express (library ebook) finally came in! Then I went to transfer it to my ereader and there was some sort of bizarre error. We were getting ready to leave so I didn't have time to figure out what was going on. :( I need to figure that one out.
5. I don't really want to get into it here, but I had to call my daughter's medical supplier three separate times over the past three weeks to get her order shipped. I checked BBB and while the company has an A+ rating, there are numerous complaints that are similar to mine. Unfortunately, it's medical supplies and I don't have a whole lot of say who we get our supplies from because it's partly covered by insurance so there may be a hassle getting things switched. That said... I just got the shipment confirmation today! (Two days later.)
Until next time! .~*♡Shannon