Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. Somehow managed to survive cramping at work this week. The past two months the pain has been so bad, I ended up missing work. It's back to normal levels so... yay?
2. Missed posting deadlines the past two weeks. :( Granted, it's my blog, so ... my rules, right? It still sucked. I DID get a review entry up this weekish. Last weekend and this past week, I just haven't been able to do much. The husband is doing better, but still not 100% yet. I've seen him sick before, but never like this.
3. I was thinking about how as you get older, it's random things that make you feel "old". Before anyone starts, I know. I'm not old. I'm 32. This weekend, someone's change was $25.25 and it reminded me of this cheesy garbage show with Gina Torres called Cleopatra 2525. I don't even know anyone my age who knows this show. I barely remember it. But yeah...
It's the little things....
like a stripper being cryogenically frozen after a potentially deadly boob job and being awakened 525 years later to help save humanity from living underground....
4. Called about jury duty on Friday. I was not selected, but got to call back Tuesday. Wasn't selected on Tuesday, but get to call back tonight. *bleh*
5. Finally saw The Emoji Movie with the kids. It was not as terrible as I feared, but it wasn't good. Even the kids were a little disappointed with it. I will say it's a shame the movie was bad because it did have some amazing CGI going on. The Spotify and Instagram portions were breathtaking.
6. My son wants to be some pig named Jimmy Jones from some Netflix for Halloween. I finally located the show he was talking about, but neither of us can remember what the show is called. My daughter still wants to be Hermione. I was able to get some good fabric deals at a thrift store, so now I just have to make them.
7. Debating on taking my son to see the My Little Pony movie. He loves the show (and right now he is being very annoying about wanting the McDonald's toys right now).
8. My husband is doing better. He's not 100% yet, but doing a lot better.