Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).1. Unhiatus!
2. Finally got a hold of the other pump company that my daughter has no choice, but to be transferred to. I was told I'd be contacted by yesterday... and wasn't. So I get to call again today. D:<
3. Got sick the weekend before Halloween. Nothing serious, but a small cold. However, it did knock me out. I got behind on a lot of things and something had to give. (So... hiatus.)
4. Seriously debating trying these grocery shop online services. I don't know what it is, but lately the thought of going to the grocery store just fills me with dread. I can't even explain it. I always try to push it off as much as possible, which actually ends up costing us a bit more than just going and getting it done. Which in turn causes me more stress!
5. My mom works at TCU in Texas. They had an active shooter the other day. Luckily, NO ONE was injured. My mom and her colleagues were all safely locking in a storage closet behind brick and were safe the whole time, but ... scary. (The incident was actually between two shuttle bus drivers and not any of the students.)
6. With me having to work on the weekends, we ended up getting pumpkins really late. As in 8pm October 30th. We finally found some at Walmart of all places. My son came across a green "flattened" one. Green is his favorite color so as soon as he had a green pumpkin he didn't care about anything else. My daughter conceded to having an interesting white, yellow, and orange one - until they found out that they had the large orange ones outside. They tried to talk my son out of the green one, but he would not be swayed. He found a pumpkin in his favorite color.
7. My birthday is Monday. o_o I have sneaking suspicions that the husband may be planning something, but idk. A couple of siblings have mentioned that they'd be here in November (a few months ago), but I assumed Thanksgiving. Just a couple weeks ago they were talking about how what they were planning to do. Most said either home or going to my mom's (in TX) instead of my dad's (here). My husband and I share a microsoft account to log into our computers. My laptop for some reason gets alerts from his inbox (my desktop does not!) and an email to or from my mom popped up "RE: Are we still on?" or something to that general nature. This was a day or two after her dog of 12-13 years passed. My husband has openly complained that my mom doesn't really text him as much as she used to. But, here is this random email. I didn't open it or anything, but nothing is adding up.
Although--- the sibs not coming in November could be a cost issue that changed. (My one sister lives in OK and is a single mom so her travel plans tend to be, understandably, fluid.)
8. My baby brother and his fiance got married on Halloween. They were initially planning something for the summer next year, but my brother said a lot of stuff came up and they can't afford it right now. (I have my suspicions on what came up, but I could be wrong and my brother hasn't come out and said.)