Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. Potty training is going much better than anticipated. He has had almost no accidents over the last few days and even chose to pee standing up a couple of times. (Our apartment has a really tall toilet so this isn't really an option at home right now.) O_O
2. My son went into my room to look for video games (even though I had told him no) and found one of his gifts. A Kirby plush. *sigh* Ended up deciding to give an unwrapped present to my daughter to be fair. Normally I wrap the gifts as they come in, but the kids have been having a huge rivalry this year so I optioned to wrap gifts evenly. Kirby was not wrapped because I am making a Prince Fluff (Kirby's Epic Yarn character) for him (he wants one even though they do not exist) and I was trying to make them the same size. D:
---The older I get, the more I see why my parents had the rule that we were not allowed in their room without express permission.
3. I still have some shopping to do. My anxiety is up. My father in law gave us a check to pick out our own gifts and my husband insisted on going out yesterday to do it. We went early(ish) and it was still very crowded. DX
My husband has to finish up some shopping and I'm trying to pawn it off on him (I'm done for him).
Normally I'd go the amazon route, but the stuff is DRASTICALLY cheaper in stores.
4. Made the decision to just give a couple of the nieces/nephews cash. I'm tired of guessing and, I'll be honest, a couple of them are spoiled and will turn their nose up at gifts if they aren't up to their standards. The parents don't even bother to correct this behavior. A friend made the comment to me a while ago that she started doing gift cards/cash after a certain age and has not looked back.
5. Discovered that one of books on my wishlist is Kindle only. Bleh. They do have physical copies as an option, but I am anti-books-only-on-one-platform and refuse to buy them.
.~*Until next time!