Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. I'm back. The holidays are the worst.
Okay, okay. They are actually not that bad, but they stress me out significantly. Things were not as terrible as I thought they would be. I'll say that.
2. I got a fancy new top of the line phone. O_O Wasn't expecting that. I can actually play games on my phone now. (Pokemon Go mostly. I'm open to suggestions, though.)
3. Husband got a Keurig and I actually found some creamer I like so I can start trying to cut out soda. It also confirms that I'm lactose intolerant. D: I accidentally bought lactose free creamer and It's the first time I've had cream in my coffee that my stomach didn't hurt. I like French Vanilla and the Reese (yes the CANDY) flavors. Ignore the amazon reviews, the Reese is delicious. It doesn't taste like drinking a reese cup, but, personally, I think it would be too rich and nasty if it actually did. It does a really good job of being chocolatey but not "mocha"y and also nutty at the same time. If you like chocolate and peanut butter, it's worth a try.
4. My son is officially potty trained!!! I started forcing him to sit on the toilet after a certain time. He would sit there for 30 min and if he didn't go, he could have a 15 min break (where he was watched like a hawk), and then repeat that cycle until he went. It sucked, but by day 3 of doing that, he got the picture.
5. Finally finished a book. I don't know what's going on with me. I have such a hard time focusing. I literally got a trophy for reading 200+ books when I was in 6th grade. I could read constantly in any situation and now... I just struggle to focus. O_O (Sometimes I'm good and then sometimes I'm not!) Oh well.
6. Was there a 6? Oh yes. GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON. O_O Had to scramble to get all the "in person" orders sent in on time. Somehow one of the THREE sheets we were given (and had an order!) was missing. But it was found and everything emailed in time! Now we just have to wait a month to get our cookies (because I am NOT paying shipping). Oh, and when I looked in the cookie cabinet, my husband ordered SO MANY cookies for himself last year that there were two unopened boxed. O_O TWO.
7. It snowed here. A lot. My daughter got off winter break, went to school for one day and then was stuck at home for ONE WEEK. D: That is the worst time to have snow days. We got through it though.
Until next time! .~*Shannon