Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. I hate Valentine's Day.
2. Used Walmart's grocery pickup for the first time... and I'm hooked. I've been having so much anxiety over going to the grocery store over the past couple of months that I put it off as much as possible, which ends up costing us more money. Now I can just add what I need throughout the week and then do a full thing the day before. I just did it for the second time this morning on the way from dropping my daughter off. This time I allowed substitutes because I found out they don't charge you more. If you agreed to pay a certain amount, they honor THAT price. (I ended up getting 48 pack of K cups for the price of a 12 pack. HOPEFULLY, this blend is good. I was just buying it to see if it was any good.)
3. Looking for a book to buy. I have a Google Play deal where I can get $3 off any $3+ book. (I want to use this on a book between $3-5. I have some unused Play credits and don't really want to spend cash if I can avoid it.) I'm openly taking recommendations.
4. Trying out breakfast burritos with my daughter to see if that helps her blood sugar levels. Yes, the tortillas still have carbs, but one problem pointed out at her last appointment was that how much carbs she eats in the morning seems to throw her off. (That said, she's 11 and hitting puberty which is ALSO majorly throwing her levels off.) They said to try for more protein and less grains. I need to find some lower carb ones. She's not keen on waking up even earlier just to eat some eggs. I can't say I particularly blame her. She does like the burritos though, so that's a plus.
5. I am in a huge reading slump. I did finish two books, I just haven't written the reviews yet. Bleh. I need to do that.
6. Looking into updating my blog's look. The current one is pretty utilitarian and I just wanted to get the blog up and running rather than focusing on getting it perfect. I used to be able to do coding (back in the early aughts), but it's changed a bit and I'm not sure I really want to go really into it.
7. Really loving the new PBS show "We'll Meet Again". Haven't seen the most recent episode, but it is so well done. I can't find anyone else who watches it!
Until next time