hosted by Kimberly @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer
The Sunday Post is a chance to share news. (Blog related or not.)
Click above for more information and more posts!
The State of the Blog.~*.*~.~*.*~.~*.*~.~*.*~.~*.*~.
Still plugging away trying to get all the kinks out. (Luckily the theme's designer has been amazing with all the help!)Also doing a terrible job at reading for the Fraterfest Read a Thon.
Unfortunately, this theme fucks to hell with the way my reviews are laid out. I am slowly going back and trying to get something that looks cleaner.
I also have to do something about my rating buttons because it keeps stacking them.
I am switching to a number system until I edit the graphics.
Not as much as you'd think, but I've been busy and the blogging kind of fell to the wayside. I'm trying to get back into it.Things that have happened since I have been away:
- My daughter turned 13.
- My husband got a promotion (!!!). The good news is that he now works the same hours every day and only has a 30 minute commute. The bad news is he lost his work van and we have to have 2 vehicles.
- I got a new (to me) car! Which wouldn't be that big of a deal except that I have never had my own car and finally, at 34, I not only have my very own car, but it is my dream car. A Slug Bug! Which leads me to...
- I am going back to school and doing fairly decently. I am struggling a bit in Spanish, but this is more due to me not taking it as an on campus class. Something I will be rectifying next semester.
- I got a second cat. You can see a picture of her face here. She has blue eyes, is mostly white, but has some tabby markings on the top of her head, the tips of her feet, and her tail looks like a raccoon's. OG cat is not thrilled, but has been adjusting. Unfortunately the dog likes to alert us to a "stranger" in the house despite this cat living in our house for close to 3 months now, so she hasn't really ventured downstairs too much.
- My dog, who is very wild and loves to jump, managed to tear his ACL. Currently he is on pain killers, some sort of special joint lubricant, and "don't let him jump". Hopefully in 3 weeks he will be better or he will have to get an x-ray and possibly surgery.
- Seriously considering getting CBS All Access for Why Women Kill and Picard. I am against over the air channels creating their own pay cloud, but, ngl, I desperately want to see both of these shows.
- My hours are being cut at work. 😭 It's not too bad, but as per above, now that I have a car payment, my job will mostly just be paying for that as opposed to having extra money. I'm not looking for a new job or anything, it's just one of those things that sucks. I like my job and the people I work with. I just wish I could get 5 more hours per week.
- In some very personal news, I started taking medication for my anxiety/depression. It was a hard road at first, but I am now on something that works. It is so weird, but I now wonder how I ever just decided to live with my anxiety because it affected me on an hourly basis. It's like a whole new world.